Finding the BEST Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne
Patients often struggle with choosing the BEST Plastic Surgeon for their surgery. It is a important decision that takes time.
Choosing the RIGHT Plastic Surgeon is critical to getting a great outcome.
Most patients remain unaware of the fact that MANY doctors who perform cosmetic surgery are NOT even qualified to operate in local Hospitals.
This is because many “self-named” cosmetic surgeons are NOT actually Specialists. They are NOT recognised or sanctioned by RACS (The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons) and private and public Hospitals EXCLUDE them from having operating privileges or admission rights. They tend to build and run their own “Back room” procedure rooms.
Watch the following video of an interview discussing cosmetic surgeons.
It reveals how you can CHECK if a surgeon you’re investigating is actually QUALIFIED to carry out the procedure they want to be done. It’s helpful to know HOW to ensure your Surgeon is RECOGNISED by AHRPA, RACS and other Australian medical boards for having had proper training, experience and examinations.
Plastic Surgeons vs Cosmetic Surgeons: Training and Qualification Differences
- Not all surgeons have the same experience or intensive training and testing qualifications.
- Be sure you learn the differences between a plastic surgeon and a cosmetic surgeon or other types of surgeon.
- Anyone with an MBBS qualification (Bachelor of Medicine or Surgery) can call themselves a ‘cosmetic surgeon’.
- However, they may NOT have a minimum of 12 years experience and rigorous training a plastic surgeon requires.
Review the Qualifications and Experience of your Surgeon
It is highly recommended that you choose the RIGHT plastic surgeon who:
- is accredited by a recognised association
- performs surgery in an accredited hospital rather than ONLY in a “backroom” or self-managed day-surgery clinic
- Look for members of FRACS, ASPS, ASAPS or ISAPS as a minimum qualification for your plastic surgeon.
- It may also be helpful to consider the recommendations of your friends and family, as well as on-line surgeon reviews
- Even so, all surgery has risks, and results can vary from patient to patient.
What’s best to review in terms of your Surgeon’s qualifications?
- Where they see patients AND where they operate (look for a nearby local specialist plastic surgeon)
- Ensure they operate in an accredited, clean and safe facility (such as an actual HOSPITAL vs a backroom or day-surgery clinic, which aren’t typically as safe as hospital settings IF something doesn’t go to plan)
- Seek PROVEN experience and expertise – only trust reviews you read from REAL patients on REPUTABLE websites or widely-read forums and hubs (Plastic Surgery hubs, Cosmetic Journey, Realself are some examples of widely used public forums) – learn how to spot a fake review or fake before and after photo
- Specialist Plastic Surgeons have proven expertise in cosmetic, reconstructive and plastic surgery procedures – that’s NO guarantee as surgery can be unpredictable, but the more training, testing and experience a Surgeon has had, the better
Dr Rubinstein is a FRACS qualified Specialist Plastic Surgeon.
Dr Craig Rubinstein performs custom breast lift with or without implants, breast reduction and breast augmentation procedures. Dr Rubinstein is highly focused on patient education and so that patients know what to expect and what their options are. He is particularly concerned about low-rate, production-line cosmetic surgery clinics like the ones featured in ABC’s report on the breast surgery industry.
“I take particular care in ensuring clients are able to make fully informed decisions regarding their surgery. It is extremely important that patients are aware of their options and choices, and how their recovery period can be optimised for good scar minimisation and pain management.”
Contact: (03) 8849 1444
Location: 759 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn East
At our Events you can Meet our team of leading Surgeons. Hear them discuss their approaches to skin reduction surgery and other plastic surgery procedures.
You can also hear from our past patients and enjoy finger food, wine and champagne.
*Disclaimer: This information is general in nature and is not intended to be medical advice nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Your surgeon will cover surgery risks and complications in detail during your consultation. Results depend on individual patient circumstances and can vary significantly. A variety of factors may impact your results.
Please Contact Dr.Rubinstein’s team to book a consultation or enquire about further information regarding plastic surgery procedures.