Top Things to Know About Getting a Boob Job – The Boob Job FAQs
If you’ve been thinking about getting a boob job, you’ve come to the right place. With all the articles and opinions you come across online, things can get confusing. So, we’ve decided to put together some answers to frequently asked questions about boob jobs or breast augmentation surgery.
Should I get a Boob Job?
This is one of the first, most (and most important) questions you might ask yourself. There are so many reasons that lead you to want to get a boob job. Having small boobs, asymmetric boobs, tuberous boobs, and boobs that are disproportional to the rest of your body are all valid reasons to consider getting a boob job.
Pregnancy, breastfeeding, or weight loss might have caused the loss of volume and drooping of your breasts, and you might want to improve how they look. Plastic surgeons aim to give you young natural-looking breasts to make you feel more attractive and satisfied with your body.
Which is the best place for a Boob job? – Where can I get a Boob Job?
To get a boob job, you need to look for an experienced plastic surgeon and not just a cosmetic or general surgeon.
Plastic surgeons are qualified surgeons that have received extensive training in breast augmentation surgery, and they are the best choice when choosing who will perform your boob job. The marketplace is full of pretenders, undertrained doctors and surgeons in training as well as pop-up clinics that might try and convince you that they can deliver the best results. However, you should be careful, as such businesses can scam you out of money and leave you with suboptimal cosmetic outcomes.
This is why you need to choose a certified and well-known plastic surgeon with experience in performing boob jobs. While looking up a surgeon, make sure they belong to FRACS, ASPS, ASAPS or ISAPS. Members of these societies are accredited and recognized plastic surgeons that you can trust to give you great results.
Considering a Boob Job? Get the Guide!
Need a Breast Lift? Get the guide Breast Lift Surgery Guide!
What goes into making the perfect Boob Job?
There are a few things you should consider if you want to get a great boob job:
● Boob fullness: The first of the essential features for great-looking boobs is the upper pole fullness. Upper pole fullness means that the upper parts of your boobs are made to appear full and firm. This gives you perky young-looking breasts and outlines a perfect cleavage. Fullness is very much related to the breast implant shape, with round implants giving a more full appearance on the top than teardrop implants.
● Boob projection: A second feature is projection. The projection is defined as the distance between your chest wall and the outer side of the implant. This determines how much your boobs will project in front of you. The term “high profile” is usually used to describe breasts that have more projection, while the term “low profile” as the name suggests describes breasts with lower projection. Projection is also involved in how your side boob will look. A perfect side boob needs enough projection.
● Boob firmness: Another critical feature that you need to look for is firmness. You would want your boobs to feel natural. This is determined by the type of breast implant you receive. Gel implants are usually better in giving natural feeling boobs, while saline will likely give you firmer boobs.
Boob jobs can become confusing when you read about different implant shapes, sizes, and types online. Here’s where an experienced plastic surgeon steps in.
Your plastic surgeon will ask you how you want your breasts to look before performing the surgery. They will help you choose a breast implant that is not too big and not too small, but just perfect for your body proportions. Cleavage, side boob, boob shape, and boob size are all things that you will be discussing with your surgeon before undergoing the procedure.
What are the best Boob Implants for me?
Our surgeons use MOTIVA and MENTOR breast implants. These implants are considered top of the line in breast augmentation surgery. They have been trusted for decades by plastic surgeons and millions of women worldwide. Breast implants come in many shapes, sizes, types, and textures. Some of the things you might want to know about your boob implant:
● Boob implant materials: All breast implants have an outer silicone shell, however, their filling can differ. The two main implant types are saline and silicone implants. Saline implants are filled with normal saline (saltwater). Their advantages include a smaller incision and better adjustability during surgery since they are inflated intraoperatively. The second boob implant type is silicone-filled implants. These implants feel softer and can mimic the feel of a natural breast.
● Boob implant size: Size is very important when choosing a breast implant. Your doctor will help you choose the perfect breast implant size depending on your desired shape and the current characteristics of your breast and skin. Breast implant sizes are measured in cubic centimetres (cc) and not the traditional cup size. They usually range between 80cc and 800cc. The 375cc implants and 400cc high profile implants are very popular.
● Boob implant shape: Breast implants are usually either round in shape or teardrop-shaped. Teardrop (or contoured) implants mimic the natural look of the breast, however, they may require a larger incision. Round implants provide more fullness to your boobs and make them project more.
● Boob implant surface: Breast implants may have either a smooth or a textured surface. Sooth-surfaced implants are less likely to be felt in your breasts. The advantage of textured surface implants is that their design helps them stay in place and not migrate. They also carry less risk of causing scarring around the implant.
What other methods of Boob Enhancement are there?
You’ve probably heard of boob jobs using fat transfer or fat grafting boob jobs. When getting a boob job by fat transfer, your surgeon will remove fat from another part of your body (like your buttocks or thighs) and inject it carefully into your boobs to increase their size and achieve the desired contour, profile, projection, and size. Fat transfer boob jobs achieve great results in women who want to minimal increase the size of the breast to create a better contour and improve their appearance. It’s better when combined with traditional breast augmentation using boob implants, where fat grafts are used to make a final optimization of shape and symmetry.
Advantages of fat grafts include a smaller incision (compared to implant surgery), natural-looking and feeling breasts, with the option to contour the donor fat sites in your body by liposuction.
Why is looking at Boob job before and after photos important?
When choosing a plastic surgeon to get a boob job, before and after pictures are usually the first thing that catches the eye. Before and after breast augmentation pictures can help you better explain to your surgeon what kind of boobs you want. You can discuss with them specific details: size, shape, projection, nipple shape, among other things while using before and after photos as a reference for your desires. Your doctor can also use before and after breast enhancement photos to explain to you what each implant will achieve, by showing you real examples from previous patients.
What happens after I get a Boob Job?
Every woman would like to know what to expect after breast augmentation surgery. Your boobs will be sore and swollen for the first few weeks after surgery. You might notice some bruising, however, that will go away after a few days. You will see the surgical scar which, depending on your specific case, might be right on the crease under your boob or around your nipple. This scar will fade out with time and become barely noticeable after a couple of years.
Regarding the results, it is important to keep realistic expectations. The shape of your boob will change – you will have larger, more symmetrical, and firmer boobs that are more proportional to your body. This should improve your self-esteem and body image. Keep in mind that even after surgery, your boobs will still age and might need revision surgery after a decade or so.
How long does a Boob Job last?
One of the most frequently asked questions about boob jobs is “how long do breast implants last?”. Even though breast implants are very durable, they won’t last forever. On average, experts estimate that implants need to be changed after 10 years. A lot of boob implants can last longer than this, but some may need changing earlier. Losing weight, breastfeeding, and gravity can -with time- change how your breasts look, and you might need revision surgery. Implant rupture and fibrous tissue formation are also reasons you might need revision surgery. Surgery can usually restore your breast appearance and give you back natural young looking boobs.
Is a Boob Job covered by Medicare or Health Insurance in Australia?
Boob jobs for purely cosmetic reasons are not likely to be covered by insurance in Australia since most funds don’t consider this as a necessary medical act. Breast reconstruction for corrective reasons, like tuberous breast surgery or after a mastectomy, are more likely to receive a rebate from Medicare and third-party insurers.
Can I use my sick leave to get a Boob Job?
After a boob job, you will need some time to rest at home. You will need to check with your HR department at work to learn what qualifies as sick leave. Your surgery is serious and is likely to be covered by sick leave. Either way, you will need to check with your specific work policies in this matter. Your medical leave certificate will NOT have any information about your specific surgery for medical privacy reasons, however, it will be signed by a plastic surgeon. Make sure to ask about these details before planning the right time for surgery.
Who are the best Boob Job surgeons in Australia?
Our CocoRuby surgeons are some of the top certified plastic surgeons in Australia, and they’re based in Melbourne and Sydney, among other locations. They have vast experience in breast augmentation (boob jobs), breast reduction, tuberous breasts, breast lifts, and breast augmentation by fat transfer.
As mentioned before, you need to choose an experienced plastic surgeon (and not just a doctor or so-called ‘cosmetic surgeon’) if you’re looking to get a boob job with the best possible outcome. Experience and advanced training all play a role when choosing a plastic surgeon. You need to make sure you research your surgeon well, check their social media profiles, their website, before/after photos, and try to get in touch with previous patients if at all possible.
Download our plastic surgery guides or give us a call to learn more about the services our surgeons offer. You can book an appointment to get a full assessment by one of our plastic surgeons to discuss breast augmentation and see which implant size and type are best for you.
What are the Boob Job Trends in Australia?
- The latest Breast Augmentation Trends
- Latest Breast Lift Trend for Saggy Breasts
- And, The latest Breast Implant Removal Trends
Want Breast Surgery? – Download The Ultimate Guide to Breast Surgery