Guide to Breast Lift Prices in Melbourne
Out of all cosmetic surgery procedures, Breast Lift or Mastopexy Surgery is one of the top five most popular in the world. Even though it is so popular, finding a specific cost or price range can be exceptionally difficult.
This is due to the fact that when it comes to Breast Lift surgery there are a number of variables that can impact on the price. These variables can include insurance, your choice of surgeon, their surgical technique and the hospital your surgery is performed in.
The average cost for Breast Lift Surgery.
If you’ve done research into the cost of Breast Lift surgery already, you may have come across prices ranging anywhere from $8,500 to $15,000 or even higher. This is a significant price difference, which can cause confusion and uncertainty as to the reason for the price difference. While it can be a bit difficult to navigate the price ranges and what makes them different, this blog plans to help uncover the reason for the different price ranges to help you make an informed decision, because when it comes to your body, you want to make the right choice.
The price can be broken down into three categories;
1. $8,500 – $12,000 is the low-cost price range.
2. The mid-price range is $12,000 – $15,000.
3. $15,000 and higher is the premium price range.
Price Ranges for Breast Lifts
Below you will find the three categories broken down and explained however they are just an estimate and a price guide. All patients require a consultation to get a detailed and accurate assessment of their requirements and surgery options.
LOW-COST BREAST LIFT PRICES – RANGING FROM JUST $8,500 TO $12,500
Most of the ‘surgeons’ in this category are actually GPs and general surgeons and are not FRACS certified or Accredited Plastic Surgeons. This Low-cost surgery is typically not performed under general Anaesthetic in a hospital but rather in a clinic backroom using ‘awake’ or “twilight’ anaesthetic. Because of this, your ‘surgeon’ might not have the skills required to customise your procedure to you and your needs. You may also find that as they aren’t accredited they will not have hospital admitting rights should something not go to plan. It’s also common for Patients to be hit with unexpected out-of-pocket costs, including but not limited to recovery aids, surgical scar management and limited post-operative care.
MID-RANGE BREAST LIFT IS TYPICALLY PRICED FROM $12,000 TO $15,000.
In this price range you can generally expect your Breast Lift surgery to be performed by an experienced, FRACS recognised Plastic Surgeon. Surgery costs vary depending on what your needs are, Surgeon’s qualifications and other factors, including:
- Is it a revision surgery from a previous procedure?
- Are there internal or external lesions?
- What are the patient follow-up care standards and post-surgery recovery aids?
- Are garments provided after surgery to assist in recovery?
- Scar Management treatments
PREMIUM PRICES TYPICALLY RANGE FROM $15,000 OR HIGHER
In this price range, you will typically receive advanced and fully customised Breast Lift surgery, it will take place in a hospital under General Anaesthetic. It will be expertly planned and carried out by a highly-experienced Plastic Surgeon with FRACS recognition.
A surgery in the premium price range can cost up to $30,000 depending on your surgeon of choice as well as their facility, staff costs, the complexity of your surgery and your follow up care. Although the cost is higher your quote will be more ‘transparent’ and you’re less likely to incur extra fees and charges.
Why do prices vary?
There are 6 main factors that impact the cost of Breast Lift Surgery;
WHO IS YOUR SURGEON GOING TO BE?
- What’s their level of expertise, are they a highly regarded?
- What are their professional accreditations and training qualifications?
- What are their technical skills; can they show you photos of previous patient results?
- How much surgical experience do they have, how long have they been performing this procedure?
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR SURGERY QUOTE/PRICE ESTIMATE?
Not every quote is transparent and it might not include every cost you will incur. You could incur extra costs for things like;
– Hospital or day room fees.
– Post-operative care.
– Surgery garments.
– Scar treatments and more.
To avoid being hit with unexpected costs post-surgery make sure you review your price estimate and ask your surgeon any questions to get clarification. At Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery, we strive to be transparent with all our clients, offering an itemised quote to ensure you know exactly what they are paying for.
WHERE WILL YOUR SURGERY BE PERFORMED?
- Will your surgery take place in a clinic backroom under local Anaesthetic or in a hospital under General Anaesthetic?
- The use of local anaesthetic and sedatives in a clinic backroom or day surgery may lessen the cost of your surgery but can lead to increased risks.
- You need to ask yourself if you want to be ‘awake’ during your breast lift, or would you prefer to be in a hospital under General Anaesthesia.
WHEN WILL YOUR SURGERY BE PERFORMED?
Are you planning your surgery several months or even further in advance? If you are you need to be aware that prices and Medicare rebate criteria can change. You should consider talking to a member of our Patient Care Team about criteria for medically-indicated breast surgery as well as hospital fees.
HOW WILL YOUR PROCEDURE BE PLANNED AND PERFORMED?
Breast Lift surgery generally takes between 2 and 3 hours. The time it takes to complete your procedure can depend on what type of breast surgery have you chosen, there are many variations and the type you choose can affect how long you spend in theatre.
Complex breast lift procedures can also require more time, which in turn can incur more cost as complex surgery needs higher surgical skill, more pre-surgery planning and potentially more time in the operating room.
Choosing a qualified Specialist Plastic Surgeon
- Do not go to a surgeon who will not or cannot customise your procedure, to your wants and needs. No two breasts are the same and therefore no two surgeries should be the same. A fully customised surgery is the best way to get long-lasting and successful results.
- ALL Cosmetic Surgery is invasive and carries risk, it’s important to know the risks and discuss them with your surgeon so you know what can happen and if they can be minimised.
- Choosing an expert surgeon can help reduce risks and also lowers the need for revision surgeries.
When choosing a Plastic Surgeon this short checklist can help you eliminate ‘surgeons’ that you don’t find suitable:
- Do they have FRACS recognition? (All of Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery Surgeons are FRACS members.)
- Is your surgery going to be fully customised, taking your health, skin condition and surgical preferences into account?
- Do they listen to you and respect your views?
- Do they answer any questions or concerns you have?
- Have they provided you with information (written and verbal) about possible risks during your surgery and your recovery?
- Have they communicated openly with you about what surgery can and cannot achieve?
- Do they give expert science-based advice and care?
Do not hesitate to ‘shop’ around, schedule ‘no obligation’ consult appointments with multiple surgeons, ask them questions and research your option before deciding on what’s right for you and your body and who is going to give you long-lasting positive results.