Breast Implant Removal Surgery and Enbloc Removal in Melbourne, Australia
- Are you unhappy with your Breast Implants or Augmentation results?
- Have you changed your mind about having Breast Implants?
- Or, are you concerned about Breast Implant related Illnesses like BII or BIA-ALCL?
Breast Implant Removal Surgery, Explantation Surgery or Enbloc Removal of both the Breast Capsule & Implants are surgeries that Dr Craig Rubinstein, Melbourne Specialist Plastic Surgeon perform.
If for some reason you do NOT feel comfortable consulting with your original surgeon, it is important that you get a second opinion. You also need to make sure that you go to an experienced specialist plastic surgeon.
What is Breast Implant Removal Surgery?
- Breast implant removal or explantation surgery removes the breast implants with or without the surrounding breast capsule.
- After the implant removal, you can consider breast revision surgery techniques, for example, a Breast Lift or Fat Transfer. This may be needed to create a more pleasing final result.
- Options and outcomes for this procedure depend on existing breast tissue and the elasticity of your skin (Skin Laxity).
This surgery involves careful dissection of the breast to remove the implant, some or all of the surrounding breast capsule and on occasion, some leaked implant contents.
What is Enbloc Removal?
- Enbloc Removal or Enbloc Explantation involves removing the Implant, including the surrounding scar tissue or capsule. This is a preferred technique for those patients with a ruptured implant or concerned with silicon leakage of the implant.
- Furthermore, many patients with symptoms of Breast Implant Illness (BII) or concerns about BIA-ALCL and Textured Implants seek an enbloc removal or complete capsulectomy.
Recovery After Surgery
Dr Craig Rubinstein video – Is having your Breast Implants removed worth it?
Common Reasons for Wanting Breast Implant Removal Surgery
There are a wide variety of reasons women seek implant removal. For example;
- A prior, botched procedure
- A poor surgical result from overseas
- Or, cheap cosmetic doctor surgery that needs to be corrected by a specialist surgeon
- A change in your lifestyle, bodyweight or appearance goals
- In addition, there are Breast Implant Surgery Complications that can lead to implant removal surgery.
- Capsular contracture
- Capsular calcification
- Implant rupture
- Breast implant deflation
- Implant leakage
- Breast implant wrinkling
- Excessive movement of the breast implant. Also known as “animation”
- An allergic reaction to the breast implant
- Infection or bleeding after surgery
- Suspicions or recent diagnosis of breast cancer
- Aches or Pain caused by breast implants
- Ageing implants – Breast implants DO have a lifespan (as do all medical devices).
Why Some Patients Want their Breast Implants out
- Sometimes, they simply don’t like implants. It can be difficult for patients to FULLY envision what their surgery results will look or feel like
- They didn’t get what they wanted. Unfortunately, sometimes it’s simply that they DID NOT CHOOSE the most QUALIFIED TYPE of Surgeon(s) for their procedure
- Another reason can be that they simply didn’t recognise how having larger breasts and breast implants would impact their lifestyle, clothing choices and exercising habits
Need Breast Implant Removal Surgery? Download this detailed Guide
Things to consider before your Removal consultation
Below is a list of questions to ask yourself if you are considering Breast Implant Removal;
- Are your breast implants causing you pain?
- Have you given your surgery results at least 12 months healing time to settle (allowing for swelling to subside)?
- Or, have your breasts unusually hardened?
- Are you unhappy with the APPEARANCE of your breast implants?
- Has swelling fully subsided and bruising resolved?
- Do you want to return to life with smaller breasts or more similar to how your breasts looked before you got your implants?
- Have you noticed breast rippling or movement?
- Are your implants moving? Or ‘bottoming out’?
- Have you lost your cleavage or do you have a uni-boob look?
- Did you give your original surgeon a chance to rectify the situation (if they are a FRACS qualified specialist)?
Cost of Breast Implant Removal Surgery
- Breast Revision surgery can be more expensive than your primary (original) implant surgery.
- This is because the surgery is more complex (more difficult) and tends to involve a lot more time in theatre.
- Furthermore, you may need a breast lift or other surgery to get a good result after removal. It’s a lot more complex than straight removal.
- The price will depend on your choice of Surgeon and WHAT procedures and techniques might help.
Further Reading – Medical References
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons. November 2018. What is breast implant removal surgery?
- Breast Implant Removal | Explantation in Melbourne – Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery
About Dr Craig Rubinstein
Dr Craig Rubinstein FRACS is one of Melbourne’s Best Specialist Plastic Surgeons for breast and tummy surgery.
He has been rated as a Top 3 Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne and rated a Top 5 Plastic Surgeon on the ‘Best in Australia’ website.
Dr Rubinstein offers women personalised tummy surgery and all forms of cosmetic breast surgery.
He uses only the highest quality Motiva breast implants and is renowned for his natural-looking, long-lasting results.
BOOK A CONSULTATION TODAY 1300 264 811
Next Steps in Your Surgical Journey
Want more information about your Procedure?
- Download a Free Procedure Guide on your chosen surgery.
- Visit the FAQs and read patient reviews to learn more about your intended procedure.
- For more information about pricing and payment methods, please visit our Surgery Payment page.
- You can also talk to our Patient Care Team from 9 to 5 pm Monday to Friday on 1300 264 811
About Your First Consultation
- Dr Rubinstein’s Consultation fee is $300.
- A referral from your GP or your specialist is helpful but not essential.
- You need a medicare referral in order to claim any medicare benefits or Health Insurance for plastic surgery,
- Please contact the Patient Care Team at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery today to book your consultation.
What to Bring to your Consultation
- You are more than welcome to bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices.
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes and thoroughly examine the documents provided.
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes.
*Disclaimer: Individual results can vary significantly from patient to patient. The information we provide is general. For further information on what to expect for your preferred procedures, arrange to see one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons for a full history and surgical consultation. Read further information about surgical outcome variability on our Disclaimer page.