Dr Craig Rubinstein MBBS (Melb), Master of Plastic Surgery (Melb) FRACS (Plast), MED0001124843
Specialist Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne
With over 25 years of experience, Dr Rubinstein is a highly experienced Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne.
- Dr Craig is solely dedicated to breast and abdominoplasty surgery for women.
- His experience in breast shape augmentation, large or smaller breast reductions, and abdominoplasty results.
- Dr Craig is dedicated to surgical planning, and committed to patient education and care throughout your surgery journey and recovery.
- His priority is your outcome while maintaining patient care. Dr Craig Rubinstein offers personalised and customised abdominoplasty surgery and all forms of breast surgery.
- Dr Rubinstein has worked with trained surgical teams for decades.
- He has over 25 years of experience in providing results, which reflect in his ongoing training, education and experience.
- He adamantly prefers that patients get the surgical results they want from their first surgery, rather than from complex revision procedures.
“I take particular care in ensuring clients are able to make fully informed decisions regarding their surgery. Patients must be aware of their options and choices, and how to operate throughout their recovery period for scar minimisation and pain management.”
Dr Craig Rubinstein’s Education and Experience
Dr Craig Rubinstein completed his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) in 1984 before accomplishing the Master of Surgery (MS) from The University of Melbourne in 1990. He then trained with The Royal Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgeons, qualifying in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (FRACS) and has been a fellow since 1994.
Dr Craig Rubinstein has performed over 7,000 breast surgery procedures. He has trained in Switzerland, Britain, and America with a commitment to continuing his professional development and education.
Dr Craig Rubinstein has been published in several Australian and International medical journals.
He speaks at conferences internationally. Dr Rubinstein gets approached by national print and broadcast media for his professional opinion and comments on plastic surgery trends.
Choosing a Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Rubinstein strongly believes that choosing a suitable surgeon is critical to a patient’s surgical process and their results. That is why he encourages patients to be thoughtful when deciding on the surgeon to perform their operation.
Dr Rubinstein recommends choosing an experienced and qualified specialist plastic surgeon with proven training and experience in plastic and cosmetic surgery.
There is a distinction between a Cosmetic Doctor, a Cosmetic Surgeon and a Specialist Plastic Surgeon. Specialist Plastic Surgeons undergo over 12 years of training and surgical experience to be able to use this title.
A fully qualified plastic surgeon will have the qualifications and experience to operate in accredited hospitals.
Dr Rubinstein believes that you shouldn’t compromise on quality and experience. Your plastic surgeon should be able to provide you with honest and accurate surgical advice to ensure you undergo the correct procedure for your particular concern, explaining all risks and expected recovery periods.
Further, Dr Rubinstein operates at accredited hospitals in Melbourne, currently St Vincent’s Kew and Glenferrie Private.
Working with Dr Craig Rubinstein for Your Plastic Surgery Procedure
Choosing your surgeon is a significant and personal decision. Every patient wants results, and your choice of surgeon will affect you outcome.
Dr Craig Rubinstein suggests you do NOT risk your overall health or surgical outcomes by using inexperienced surgeons. Your surgeon should be fully qualified, and one that you will have ready access to before, during and after your procedure. Patient care during your procedure is of utmost importance, and your post-operative care is crucial to patient safety and an optimal recovery period.
Breast Surgery and Abdominoplasty Surgery Focus
Dr Craig Rubinstein has dedicated over two decades to understanding women’s plastic surgery procedures, focusing on delivering suitable, reshaped surgery results. Dr Rubinstein strives to provide the optimal patient experience through ongoing training and education.
Dr Rubinstein can help reduce surgical scarring by implementing scar minimisation strategies. For example, Dr Rubinstein prefers the Le Jour incision technique and drain-free procedures. This may help patients have a faster, less painful recovery.
Further, Dr Rubinstein focuses on suitable recovery practices for a low-stress, efficient recovery period.
Download Dr Rubinstein’s Qualifications Experience and History
Dr Craig Rubinstein has dedicated almost 20 years to education and surgical training, becoming a member of the following professional societies:
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- The Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS)
- The Australian Medical Association (AMA)
About Dr Craig Rubinstein
Dr Craig Rubinstein FRACS (Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons) is an experienced Melbourne Specialist Plastic Surgeon for breast and abdominoplasty surgery.
Dr Rubinstein offers women personalised abdominoplasty surgery and all forms of cosmetic breast surgery.
BOOK A CONSULTATION 1300 599 990
Next Steps in Your Surgical Journey
Want more information about your Procedure?
- Download a Free Procedure Guide on your chosen surgery.
- Visit the FAQs and read patient reviews to learn more about your intended procedure.
- For more information about pricing visit our cost page.
- You can also talk to our Patient Care Team from 9 to 5 pm Monday to Friday on 1300 599 990
About Your First Consultation
- Dr Rubinstein’s Consultation fee is $300.
- A referral from your GP or specialist is essential.
- A referral helps when claiming Medicare or Private Health Insurance coverage.
- Please contact the Patient Care Team at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery to book your consultation.
What to Bring to Your Consultation
- You are more than welcome to bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices.
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes and thoroughly examine the documents provided.
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes.