Dr Craig Rubinstein MBBS (Melb), Master of Plastic Surgery (Melb) FRACS (Plast)
Specialist Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne
Dr Rubinstein has been recognised as one of Melbourne’s Top 3 Plastic Surgeons and listed in the Top 5 Best Plastic Surgeons in Melbourne.
- Dr Craig is one of the few Australian plastic surgeons solely dedicated breast and tummy surgery for women and is a niche expert in Cosmetic Surgery For Women.
- Dr Craig has more online patient reviews than any other surgeon in Melbourne, Victoria and is the second most highly reviewed plastic surgeon in Australia.
- His expertise is in natural-looking breast shape enhancements, large or smaller breast reductions and flatter-looking tummy tuck results.
- Dr Craig is dedicated to the best surgical planning, committed to patient education and premium patient care throughout your surgery journey and recovery.
- His priority is your desired outcome, while maintaining the highest levels of patient care. Dr Craig Rubinstein offers personalised and customised abdominoplasty surgery and all forms of cosmetic breast surgery.
- He is renowned for his natural-looking and long-lasting results.
- Dr Rubinstein is meticulous in his surgical approach and has worked with the best surgical team for many decades.
- He has over 25 years experience in providing high-quality results which reflect his ongoing training, education and experience.
- He adamantly prefers that patients get the surgical results they desire from their first surgery, rather than from a complex and often costly revision procedure(s).
“I take particular care in ensuring clients are able to make fully informed decisions regarding their surgery. It is extremely important that patients are aware of their options and choices, and how their recovery period can be optimised for good scar minimisation and pain management.”
DR CRAIG RUBINSTEIN, LEADING MELBOURNE SPECIALIST PLASTIC SURGEON.
Dr Craig Rubinstein’s Education and Experience
Dr Craig Rubinstein completed his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) in 1984 before accomplishing the Master of Surgery (MS) from The University of Melbourne in 1990. He then trained with The Royal Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgeons, qualifying in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (FRACS) and has been a fellow since 1994.
Dr Craig Rubinstein has performed over 7,000 breast surgery procedures. He has trained in Switzerland, Britain and America with a commitment to continuing his professional development and education at the highest level.
Dr Rubinstein is known for his breast reduction surgery, using a unique approach and advanced surgical techniques that are less invasive than traditional breast reduction methods. His techniques may often allow patients to heal quicker and generally experience less scarring.
Dr Craig Rubinstein has been published in several prestigious Australian and International medical journals.
He speaks at conferences all over the world. Dr Rubinstein is frequently approached by national print and broadcast media for his professional opinion and comments on plastic surgery trends.
Choosing the Right Plastic Surgeon
Dr Rubinstein strongly believes that choosing the right surgeon is critical to a patient’s surgical process and, more importantly, their results. That is why he encourages patients to be extremely careful when deciding on the surgeon who will perform their operation.
Dr Rubinstein recommends choosing a highly experienced and qualified specialist plastic surgeon who has proven training and experience in the plastic and cosmetic surgery field.
There is a great difference between a Cosmetic Doctor, a Cosmetic Surgeon and a Specialist Plastic Surgeon. Specialist Plastic Surgeons undergo over 12 years of training and surgical experience to be able to use this title.
A fully qualified plastic surgeon will have the qualifications and experience needed to operate in accredited major hospitals. Cosmetic Doctors rarely meet the accreditation standards to operate in major hospitals.
Dr Rubinstein believes that you should NEVER compromise on quality and experience. Your plastic surgeon should be able to provide you with honest and accurate surgical advice to ensure you undergo the correct procedure for your particular concern.
Further, Dr Rubinstein only works with the leading surgical support team and highly experienced top anaesthetists in Melbourne. He operates at accredited major hospitals in the Melbourne area, currently St Vincent’s Kew and Glenferrie Private.
Why choose Dr Craig Rubinstein for your Plastic Surgery Procedure?
Choosing your surgeon is an important and personal decision. Every patient wants the best possible results, and your choice of surgeon will greatly affect the outcome you desire.
Choosing a specialist and highly experienced plastic surgeon to perform your surgery is extremely important. Remember, you will be living with your surgeon’s choice, and your surgery results, for a very long time.
That’s why Dr Craig Rubinstein strongly suggests that you do NOT risk your overall health or surgical outcomes by using inexperienced or cheap, overseas surgeons. It is important that your surgeon is fully qualified, and one that you will have ready access to before, during and after your procedure. Patient care during your procedure is of utmost importance, and your post-operative care is crucial to patient safety and an optimal recovery period.
You deserve the patient empathy, experience, surgical planning precision, thoroughness, attention to detail, and post-op scar minimisation that Dr Craig Rubinstein brings to all his patients.
Breast Enhancement and Tummy Surgery Specialist
Dr Craig Rubinstein has dedicated over two decades to understanding women’s plastic surgery procedures, focusing on delivering natural-looking, long-lasting surgery results. Through ongoing training and education, Dr Rubinstein also focuses on providing the best possible patient experience.
As a result, Dr Rubinstein uses only high-quality breast implants from top brands such as Motiva and Mentor. He can also help reduce surgical scarring by implementing scar minimisation strategies.
Dr Rubinstein prefers the Le Jour incision technique and drain-free procedures. This may often help patients have a faster, less painful recovery.
Further, Dr Rubinstein focuses on rapid recovery practices for a stress-free, efficient recovery period.
He prefers patients to get leading advice and high-quality surgery results the first time they have surgery. But this is not always the case. Not every surgeon operating across Australia has the level of training and experience needed in complex surgical procedures. With a rise in cosmetic tourism in countries such as Thailand, a lot of women are experiencing serious complications or unsatisfactory surgical results.
Dr Rubinstein offers revisional surgery for breasts, nipples or the abdominal area. However, fixing all complications or bad surgical results is not possible.
Download Dr Rubinstein’s Qualifications Experience and History
Dr Craig Rubinstein is a member of the following professional societies. He has dedicated almost 20 years to advanced education and surgical training.
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- The Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS)
- The Australian Medical Association (AMA)
About Dr Craig Rubinstein
Dr Craig Rubinstein FRACS is one of Melbourne’s Best Specialist Plastic Surgeons for breast and tummy surgery. He has been rated as a Top 3 Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne and rated a Top 5 Plastic Surgeon on the ‘Best in Australia’ website.
Dr Rubinstein offers women personalised tummy surgery and all forms of cosmetic breast surgery.
He uses only the highest quality Motiva breast implants and is renowned for his natural-looking, long-lasting results.
BOOK A CONSULTATION TODAY 1300 264 811
Next Steps in Your Surgical Journey
Want more information about your Procedure?
- Download a Free Procedure Guide on your chosen surgery.
- Visit the FAQs and read patient reviews to learn more about your intended procedure.
- For more information about pricing and payment methods, please visit our Surgery Payment page.
- You can also talk to our Patient Care Team from 9 to 5 pm Monday to Friday on 1300 264 811
About Your First Consultation
- Dr Rubinstein’s Consultation fee is $300.
- A referral from your GP or your specialist is helpful but not essential.
- You need a medicare referral in order to claim any medicare benefits or Health Insurance for plastic surgery,
- Please contact the Patient Care Team at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery today to book your consultation.
What to Bring to your Consultation
- You are more than welcome to bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices.
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes and thoroughly examine the documents provided.
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes.
*Disclaimer: Individual results can vary significantly from patient to patient. The information we provide is general. For further information on what to expect for your preferred procedures, arrange to see one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons for a full history and surgical consultation. Read further information about surgical outcome variability on our Disclaimer page.