Fees and Making Payments for Dr Craig Rubinstein
Confused about fees and payments?
Below is information about fees, referrals and making payments for Dr Rubinstein, an experienced plastic surgeon in Melbourne, Australia.
Dr Rubinstein Consultation Fees
The pre-surgery consultation fee for Dr Craig Rubinstein is $300 for either a Virtual or an In-person Consultation. This includes two pre-surgery consultations as required (as of July 1st 2023)
How to Book Surgery
- A deposit of $1000 is compulsory. This secures your surgery date.
- Full payment for your surgery needs to be made at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled surgery.
How to Make Payments
Patients can pay for surgery through various methods. These methods include:
- Payment in full at the time of the procedure using accepted payment methods.
- Non-commercial payment arrangements between the medical practitioner and patient, where the payment is made in instalments.
- Medicare rebates, if the surgery is considered medically necessary (this will not cover the total cost, and patients will still have out-of-pocket costs)
- Private health insurance, if the patient has an appropriate level of coverage (this is unlikely to cover the total cost, and patients may still have out-of-pocket costs).
It is important to note that we do not encourage patients to take on debt or access their superannuation to pay for cosmetic surgery. Additionally, we do not offer or recommend financing schemes to patients, such as loans or commercial payment plans.
Will I Need a Medical Referral?
Yes! As of the 1st of July, 2023, anyone consulting with a surgeon will require a referral.
- A medical referral from a GP is necessary to schedule a consultation with your surgeon, regardless of whether your surgery has a Medicare item code or not.
- Having a referral can help you claim rebates from Medicare and your private health insurance if your surgery is covered by either.
- It’s important to note that the referral should be valid at the time of the surgery. Referrals from GPs are valid for 12 months, while referrals from specialists are only valid for 3 months.
About Dr Craig Rubinstein
Dr Craig Rubinstein FRACS (Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons) is an experienced Melbourne Specialist Plastic Surgeon for breast and abdominoplasty surgery.
Dr Rubinstein offers women personalised abdominoplasty surgery and all forms of cosmetic breast surgery.
BOOK A CONSULTATION 1300 599 990
Next Steps in Your Surgical Journey
Want more information about your Procedure?
- Download a Free Procedure Guide on your chosen surgery.
- Visit the FAQs and read patient reviews to learn more about your intended procedure.
- For more information about pricing visit our cost page.
- You can also talk to our Patient Care Team from 9 to 5 pm Monday to Friday on 1300 599 990
About Your First Consultation
- Dr Rubinstein’s Consultation fee is $300.
- A referral from your GP or specialist is essential.
- A referral helps when claiming Medicare or Private Health Insurance coverage.
- Please contact the Patient Care Team at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery to book your consultation.
What to Bring to Your Consultation
- You are more than welcome to bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices.
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes and thoroughly examine the documents provided.
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes.