Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
We have consolidated some of the most frequently asked questions about Cosmetic Plastic Surgery to make it easier for you to find the answers you’re looking for. If your question is not on the list please feel free to contact our team.
FAQ 1. How Much Will My Surgery Cost?
Dr Rubinstein and his team can offer you a price range for your chosen surgery. However, it will depend on the type of procedure, hospital and how long you want to stay in the hospital.
At your initial consultation, we will give you a detailed quote, for your chosen procedure. This will include a surgeon’s fee, anaesthetist fee, surgical assistant fee and hospital fees.
An approximate out-of-pocket expense for your breast surgery can be provided over the phone when you speak to a Patient Care Advisor on 1300 264 811
FAQ 2. What Can I Expect at My Initial Consultation?
At your initial appointment with Dr Rubinstein you will typically:
- Have your photos taken
- Have a physical examination
- See before and after photos from past patients
- Find out more about your surgical options
- Receive detailed information about your surgery
- Go through the possible risks and
- complications associated with your surgery
- Find out about surgery pricing and available dates
Consultation Fees are $300 either for a Virtual Consultation or an in-person consultation
To book a consultation please call 1300 264 811
FAQ 3. Does surgery hurt and How Much Pain Should I Expect?
Every surgical procedure has associated discomfort, and everyone is different in how they experience pain.
Simply put yes. Plastic Surgery Procedures have a level of pain associated with them. However, pain should be well-managed by your surgeon and patient care team.
It can be difficult to predict pain levels for each individual person as there are too many variables to consider. Pain is subjective to each patient based on their perception and sensitivity.
There are, however, several things that can be done by you and your surgical support team to help with the initial post-surgery recovery period.
Whilst you may experience pain, particularly in the days following your breast surgery, it can be manageable by following your surgeon’s recommendations.
FAQ 4. What Steps Can Be Taken to Minimise Pain?
Dr Rubinstein’s approach to recovery is to do whatever he can to get you back to your normal life as soon as possible.
Dr Rubinstein and his team are dedicated to keeping you as comfortable as possible during your pre-operative sessions, your surgical procedure and your healing & recovery time following surgery.
We provide post-surgery rapid recovery packs to our patients, the pack contains products proven to accelerate your healing and recovery.
FAQ 5. How Long Will it Take For Me to Recover?
Every patient is different and there are many health and lifestyle factors that may affect your recovery time.
Generally, it can often take 6-8 weeks to fully recover from most plastic surgery procedures.
Your recovery period will however vary and you will need to work with your plastic surgeon throughout this time.
It is important that you listen to the advice from your surgeon and support team and advise them before returning to exercise or other similar activities.
Do you have a question that we did not cover?
About Dr Craig Rubinstein
Dr Craig Rubinstein is one of Melbourne’s Best Specialist Plastic Surgeons for breast and tummy surgery. He has been rated as a Top 3 Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne and rated a Top 5 Plastic Surgeon on the ‘Best in Australia’ website.
Dr Rubinstein offers women personalised abdominoplasty surgery and all forms of cosmetic breast surgery. He uses only the highest quality breast implants and is renowned for his natural-looking, long-lasting results.
BOOK A CONSULTATION TODAY 1300 264 811
Next Steps in Your Surgical Journey
Want more information about your Procedure?
- Download a Free Procedure Guide on your chosen surgery.
- Visit the FAQs and read patient reviews to learn more about your intended procedure.
- For more information about pricing and payment methods, please visit our Surgery Payment page.
- You can also talk to our Patient Care Team from 9 to 5 pm Monday to Friday on 1300 264 811
About Your First Consultation
- Dr Rubinstein’s Consultation fee is $300.
- A referral from your GP or your specialist is helpful but not essential.
- You need a medicare referral in order to claim any medicare benefits or Health Insurance for plastic surgery,
- Please contact the Patient Care Team at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery today to book your consultation.
What to Bring to your Consultation
- You are more than welcome to bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices.
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes and thoroughly examine the documents provided.
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes.
*Disclaimer: Individual results can vary significantly from patient to patient. The information we provide is general. For further information on what to expect for your preferred procedures, arrange to see one of our Specialist Plastic Surgeons for a full history and surgical consultation. Read further information about surgical outcome variability on our Disclaimer page.