What Happens at Your First Consultation with Dr Craig Rubinstein – Top Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne VIC
A formal first consultation with Dr Craig Rubinstein is an essential step before any surgical procedure can be planned. The first consultation can be done either virtually as an online teleheath consultation or in-person at the clinic.
Want to know what happens at the first consultation – Get the First Cosmetic Consultation Guide!
Do I need to bring a GP Referral?
Your GP or doctor may have referred you to see Dr Rubinstein. Please bring your referral if you have one along with any relevant X-rays or test results if you have them.
A referral is NOT necessary for a cosmetic surgery consultation with Dr Rubinstein. However, one will be required for plastic surgery where a medicare rebate is available.
Who Should I Bring with me?
We strongly recommended you bring a supportive friend or relative along to your appointment. This is due to the fact, they can help you think about all the information and discuss your surgical options. If possible, leave the kids with a friend or family member.
During Your First Consultation
At the consultation, Dr Rubinstein will review a thorough history of your medical health and background, including past health, medications, and operations. He will then get a clear understanding of what you are hoping to achieve and your expectations from surgery. Dr. Rubinstein will also undertake a detailed physical examination to assess your clinical situation and suitability for surgery.
Dr. Rubinstein will accurately explain your options for surgery and the process involved. You will be taken through a detailed explanation of the benefits as well as possible complications and risks of surgery. While this is not meant to scare or alarm you, it is essential and part of Dr. Rubinstein’s duty of care to you. Be very careful of any medical practitioner who has not outlined similar risks and complications of their surgery.
What can I expect at my Initial meeting with Dr Craig?
At your initial appointment with your surgeon you will typically:
- Spend quality time with Dr Craig and his patient liaison team
- Have your photos taken
- Have a physical examination by Dr Craig
- See photos of past patient results
- Find out more about your recommended surgical options
- Receive detailed information about your surgery
- Go through the possible complications and risks of surgery
- Vectra 3D Virtual imaging may also be helpful to imagine your surgery results
- Consider your implant sizing options (Depends on surgery)
- Find out about surgery pricing and available dates
- And, ask any other questions you may have
Please allow up to 1.5 hours for your initial appointment
It is very important to establish a strong relationship with your surgeon prior to any surgery. You will spend time with both your surgeon and patient care coordinator/nurse at your first consultation appointment.
After Your Consultation
- Following your consultation with Dr Rubinstein, you will feel that you have a good understanding of the procedure and its likely benefits and potential outcomes along with its possible risks.
- This will enable you to make an informed decision as to whether you would like to proceed with the surgery.
- You’ll also get a detailed Surgical Quote with Procedure Costs
- A detailed estimate of costs will be prepared for you following consultation and can usually be given to you on the day.
- This will cover the surgeons fee and estimates for the hospital/theatre and any other costs.
- For more information about Prices & Payment Methods – visit the Prices and Payment Plan.
Your Consultation Fee
The consultation fee for your appointment with Dr. Rubinstein is $300 for an online/virtual consultation or an in-person consultation.
The consultation fee is typically paid at the time of booking the appointment, by credit card.