Your Patient Journey from Research to Results with Dr Craig Rubinstein Plastic Surgeon
Our patient journey is a comprehensive process that involves seven main steps, each one crucial in ensuring a desired plastic surgery experience, from initial research to results and aftercare. We have identified these vital steps and broken them down to provide you with a detailed roadmap for your decision-making processes. These seven steps are:
Throughout each step of the patient journey, we are committed to providing you with comprehensive information, resources, and references to help you make an informed choice about whether or not plastic surgery is the right option for you. By navigating these steps thoughtfully, you can embark on a well-guided and successful journey towards your desired aesthetic goals.
1. Search – Researching Your Procedure
Begin your journey by conducting thorough research about the procedure you are interested in. Explore reputable sources, read informative articles, and gather as much knowledge as possible to understand the details, possible risks, and potential outcomes.
2. Select – Decide on Your Surgeon Options
Once you have gathered sufficient information, it’s time to select a plastic surgeon. Take the time to evaluate different surgeons based on their expertise, credentials, and patient reviews. Make a shortlist of the surgeons you like. Looking at before and after patient photos is another resource you can utilise during this step.
3. Consult – Your Consultation with Dr Craig Rubinstein
Schedule a consultation with your chosen plastic surgeon. During this meeting, you will have the opportunity to discuss your goals, ask questions, and address any concerns you may have. The surgeon will assess your specific needs, evaluate your candidacy for the procedure, and provide professional recommendations tailored to your situation.
You can learn more about the first consultation and what is involved here.
Your FIRST Patient Consultation is typically 75 to 90 minutes duration to professionally assess your concerns and desires and to advise impartially as to whether surgery may be a suitable option.
If you would like to book an appointment, please phone 1300 599 990 or email our friendly team to make a booking.
4. Prepare – Making Decisions and Pre-operative Assessments & Consultations
If you decide to proceed with the surgery, you will receive detailed instructions and guidelines to prepare for the procedure. This may include lifestyle adjustments, preoperative tests, medication management, and avoiding certain substances that could interfere with the surgery.
You’ll need to work out all the details about Medicare eligibility, Private Health Insurance, and Surgery Payment and eventually decide on a suitable date for surgery.
5. Surgery at an Accredited Hospital
On the day of your scheduled surgery, you will be under the care of skilled medical professionals who will perform the procedure according to the agreed-upon plan.
Dr Craig will consult with you again and do detailed pre-operative skin markings which provide guidelines to follow in the Operating Theatre.
After this, the anesthetist will administer General Anesthetic and you will be taken to surgery.
6. Recovery – Post-Operative Healing
Post-operative care really starts in the recovery suite with a period of observation. Once you have woken up, you will be treated for any discomfort or nausea and closely monitored.
Next, you’ll likely go to the main ward at the hospital, where a dedicated nurse will ensure you are comfortable and get you something to eat or drink. If you’ve had a general anaesthetic you’ll need to stay for a few hours or overnight in some cases.
Where relevant, intraoperative photos of the result achieved “on the table” are shown to you. This is so you can see an early result and know that all has gone well.
Your surgeon or their team will visit you daily until you’re ready to go home. Any dressings will be checked or replaced before you leave and you’ll also be given suitable painkillers, a discharge letter and emergency contact numbers for peace of mind.
7. Post-op Follow-up and Results
A nurse and/or Dr Craig will conduct post-operative reviews at the Hawthorn clinic after about 1 week.
Dr Craig will see you after six to 8 weeks, and then again after 6 and 12 months. You are welcome to arrange further appointments beyond this date if needed.
About Dr Craig Rubinstein
Dr Craig Rubinstein FRACS (Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons) is an experienced Melbourne Specialist Plastic Surgeon for breast and abdominoplasty surgery.
Dr Rubinstein offers women personalised abdominoplasty surgery and all forms of cosmetic breast surgery.
BOOK A CONSULTATION 1300 599 990
Next Steps in Your Surgical Journey
Want more information about your Procedure?
- Download a Free Procedure Guide on your chosen surgery.
- Visit the FAQs and read patient reviews to learn more about your intended procedure.
- For more information about pricing visit our cost page.
- You can also talk to our Patient Care Team from 9 to 5 pm Monday to Friday on 1300 599 990
About Your First Consultation
- Dr Rubinstein’s Consultation fee is $300.
- A referral from your GP or specialist is essential.
- A referral helps when claiming Medicare or Private Health Insurance coverage.
- Please contact the Patient Care Team at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery to book your consultation.
What to Bring to Your Consultation
- You are more than welcome to bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices.
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes and thoroughly examine the documents provided.
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes.