Skin and Scar Management including Anti-Ageing Therapies
Our clinic offers a range of advanced skin and scar management treatments, as well as anti-aging therapies, that work alongside our plastic surgery procedures. These treatments utilise cutting-edge technology and techniques to address various skin concerns, including scars and skin damage on areas such as the décolletage, arms, hands, face, or neck. Our Coco Ruby Skin and Anti-Ageing clinic, located within our boutique clinic rooms, provides a comprehensive selection of the latest skin treatments and laser technologies.
Among the advanced treatments available for skin damage or scars are:
- Scar treatments using light therapy, including Healite II
- This non-invasive treatment utilises specific wavelengths of light to promote healing and reduce the appearance of scars.
- Skin Needling
- Also known as micro-needling, this procedure involves creating microscopic punctures in the skin to stimulate collagen production and improve texture, tone, and the appearance of scars.
- Fraxel lasers
- These innovative lasers deliver precise beams of light to the skin, targeting damaged areas and promoting collagen remodelling for improved skin texture and reduced scars.
In addition to scar management, our clinic offers other advanced treatments, such as:
- Melasma treatments
- Specialised treatments designed to address melasma, a common skin condition characterised by patches of darkened skin.
- CO2 Lasers/DOT Therapy
- These laser treatments can effectively target skin imperfections, wrinkles, and sun damage by removing damaged skin layers and stimulating collagen production.
- Enzyme peels and other advanced facials
- These customised facial treatments utilise professional-grade products and techniques to rejuvenate the skin, improve texture, and address specific concerns.
- Vaginal lasers and more
- Our clinic also provides advanced treatments for vaginal rejuvenation using laser technology, offering non-surgical options for addressing various concerns related to vaginal health and aesthetics.
By offering a comprehensive range of advanced skin and scar management treatments, we aim to provide our patients with personalized solutions that cater to their unique needs and goals. Our experienced team of professionals ensures that each treatment is tailored to achieve desired results, helping our patients maintain healthy skin.
Protocols for Surgery Scar Treatments
Dr Rubinstein is committed to providing patients with the best-practice scar treatments.
While it’s important to understand that cosmetic surgery scars are a natural part of the surgical process and can vary from patient to patient, there are effective methods to minimise their appearance.
During your initial consultation, as well as pre-surgery or follow-up reviews, Dr Rubinstein will discuss scar management with you. If laser scar treatments or light therapy are recommended, our clinic offers these advanced options conveniently located in the same building.
It’s essential to note that skincare and longer-term scar treatments may require additional visits and incur additional costs.
At your consultation or follow-up appointments, our team will explain the various strategies we can employ to alter your skin’s appearance and reduce the visibility of your surgery scars. We take proactive measures to minimise the appearance of incision line scars. However, it’s important to keep in mind that individual healing processes can vary, and some patients may experience more visible or pronounced scarring. This can include stretched scars, raised scars, or variations in skin pigmentation.
Rest assured, our team is dedicated to providing comprehensive care and assisting you in achieving the desired outcome in scar management. We understand the impact that scarring can have and will work closely with you to develop a personalised treatment plan that addresses your specific needs.
Ensure that you thoroughly review our Recovery Guide and utilise the recommended recovery aids in our Recovery Pack. Silicone strips can also be considered, although they are an optional expense. It is essential to diligently wear the compression garment (if your surgery requires one/ if your surgeon tells you to) and maintain the cleanliness and sterility of the bandages. Follow-up visits to Coco Ruby Skin Care Clinic may be necessary to achieve desired scar results.
To address the potential for suboptimal scar formation after plastic surgery, we offer the following options:
- Recovery Pack: This comprehensive pack includes proven aids specifically designed to aid the healing/recovery process.
- Incision line ointments and/or skin oils: These products are formulated to promote scar healing and alter the appearance of incision lines.
- Compression Garments: For applicable procedures, post-operative support garments can aid in reducing swelling and optimizing healing.
- Scar reduction treatments: Long-scar procedures such as Abdominoplasty, Breast Reduction, and Arm Reduction Surgery may need specialised scar reduction treatments tailored to these specific areas.
- Fraxel Laser scar therapy: If recommended, this advanced treatment can help minimise the appearance of scars through targeted laser technology.
- SkinPen/Skin Needling: This procedure involves using fine needles to stimulate the skin and break down scar tissue, promoting improved scar healing.
- Healite II Treatments: Utilising LED light therapy, Healite II treatments can support the healing process and address overall skin health.
- We may also provide other personalised recommendations or treatments based on your specific needs and goals.
Coco Ruby Melbourne
Our Coco Ruby services and scar treatments are available in the same building as our nearby clinic in Hawthorn East. Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing clinic offers advanced technologies, filler brands and injecting solutions to enable patients to have an ALL-IN-ONE location to meet their cosmetic treatment needs.
Coco Ruby is conveniently located near Camberwell, Kew, Balwyn and Richmond. It is also within easy reach of Melbourne’s CBD, inner eastern suburbs and Bayside suburbs. Coco Ruby is also only a short drive from South Yarra, Toorak and Malvern, and is close to public transport options at Auburn and Camberwell.
At Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery, we also offer the latest in skin-care technologies from lasers to enzyme peels to deep-cleanse facials to anti-wrinkle and dermal filler injections. Furthermore, all procedures are performed by qualified medical professionals or trained dermal clinicians.
“From Plastic Surgery by Dr Rubinstein to skincare and injections by the skilled doctors and nurses at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery, we’ve got your scar management, skin change goals and injecting treatments in mind.”
Cosmetic Injections and Laser Treatments, Alternatives and Links
- Non-surgical skin treatments, laser therapies and facial injections are available from the Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery team located just down the hall from our consultation rooms in our Melbourne Plastic Surgeons Clinic (Hawthorn).
- Skin Injections with Dermal Fillers
- Cosmetic Wrinkle Injection Treatments
- Double Chin Treatments using Injectables
- Laser Treatments (Fraxel)
- Laser Treatments (DOT Therapy)
- Healite II Low-Level Light Therapy
- Facials and Injectables for Men
- Vaginal Laser Treatments
- Read the blogs covering Advances in Non-surgical Treatment Methods
For further information on skin treatments or cosmetic injections including filler, contact our team at 1300 599 990
About Dr Craig Rubinstein
Dr Craig Rubinstein FRACS (Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons) is an experienced Melbourne Specialist Plastic Surgeon for breast and abdominoplasty surgery.
Dr Rubinstein offers women personalised abdominoplasty surgery and all forms of cosmetic breast surgery.
BOOK A CONSULTATION 1300 599 990
Next Steps in Your Surgical Journey
Want more information about your Procedure?
- Download a Free Procedure Guide on your chosen surgery.
- Visit the FAQs and read patient reviews to learn more about your intended procedure.
- For more information about pricing visit our cost page.
- You can also talk to our Patient Care Team from 9 to 5 pm Monday to Friday on 1300 599 990
About Your First Consultation
- Dr Rubinstein’s Consultation fee is $300.
- A referral from your GP or specialist is essential.
- A referral helps when claiming Medicare or Private Health Insurance coverage.
- Please contact the Patient Care Team at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery to book your consultation.
What to Bring to Your Consultation
- You are more than welcome to bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices.
- Ensure you also take a lot of notes and thoroughly examine the documents provided.
- Please be aware you may need to undress for a physical exam so wear simple clothes.