Skin and Scar Management including Anti-Ageing Therapies
Advanced skin treatments can complement plastic surgery results. As a result we are listing a few of the latest skin treatments and laser technologies that help reduce scars and skin damage to the decolletage, arms, hands, face or neck. These treatments are available from the Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing clinic inside our boutique clinic rooms.
Advanced treatments for skin damage or scars include, but are not limited to:
- Scar treatments using light therapy, including:
- Healite II
- Skin Needling
- Fraxel lasers
- Melasma treatments
- CO2 Lasers/DOT Therapy
- Enzyme peels and other advanced Facials
- Vaginal lasers and more (links are provided below)
Protocols for Surgery Scar Treatments
Dr Rubinstein provides patients with best-practice scar treatments. It is important to remember that cosmetic surgery scars are part of having surgery. As a result, scars can vary significantly from patient to patient. But fortunately, there’s a lot you can do – and that we can do – to minimise your cosmetic surgery scars. Not all surgeries require high-tech scar treatments, but for those that benefit from these options, we can assist in numerous ways.
Dr Rubinstein discusses scar management during your initial consultation and/or at your pre-surgery or follow-up reviews. If laser scar treatments or light therapy is recommended, it’s available in the same building as our clinic.
Note that additional visits and treatment costs apply to skincare and longer-term scar treatments.
When you attend a consultation or follow-up appointment, you’ll learn what our teams can do to help improve your skin and reduce your surgery scar. Further, we make efforts to minimise your incision line scars. But please be aware some patients will scar more visibly or more pronounced than others. Some patients may heal in a way that leads to stretched scars or raised scars with varying skin pigmentation.
Rapid Recovery Packs
Recovery and wound healing is aided by Rapid Recovery – be sure you read the guide and use these recovery aids. Silicone strips may also help but are an optional expense. Further, garments must be worn as recommended and bandages must be kept clean and sterile. Follow up visit(s) to Coco Ruby Skin Care Clinic may be required for better scar results.
It’s important to follow all wound-care and scar treatment recommendations to reduce your risks of having a more visible scar, but to also recognise that scars will vary.
To combat poor scar formation after plastic surgery, ask us about:
- The Rapid Recovery Package – with proven aids for your healing period
- Incision line ointments and/or skin oils
- Compression Garments (Post-Op Support Garments, if applicable)
- Scar reduction treatments for long-scar procedures (Tummy Tucks, Breast Reduction, Arm Reduction Surgery)
- Fraxel Laser scar therapy if recommended
- SkinPen/Skin Needling for scar tissues
- Healite II Treatments
- Other recommendations or treatments
Coco Ruby Melbourne
Our Coco Ruby services and scar treatments are available in the same building as our nearby clinic in Hawthorn East. Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing clinic offers the most advanced technologies, filler brands and injecting solutions to enable patients to have an ALL IN ONE location to meet their cosmetic treatment needs. Further, Coco Ruby is conveniently located near Camberwell, Kew, Balwyn and Richmond. It is also within easy reach of Melbourne’s CBD, inner eastern suburbs and Bayside suburbs. Coco Ruby is also only a short drive from South Yarra, Toorak and Malvern, and is close to public transport options at Auburn and Camberwell.
At Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery we also offer the latest in skin-care technologies from lasers to enzyme peels to deep-cleanse facials to anti-wrinkle and dermal filler injections! Further, all procedures are performed by qualified medical professionals or trained dermal clinicians.
“From Plastic Surgery by Dr Rubinstein to skin-care and injections by the skilled doctors and nurses at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery, we’ve got you’re scar management, skin change goals and injecting treatments in mind.”
Download the Facial Rejuvenation Guide
Cosmetic Injections and Laser Treatments: Alternatives and Links
- Non-surgical skin treatments, laser therapies and facial injections are available from the Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery team located just down the hall from our consultation rooms in our Melbourne Plastic Surgeons Clinic (Hawthorn).
- Skin Injections with Dermal Fillers
- Cosmetic Wrinkle Injection Treatments
- Double Chin Treatments using Injectables
- Laser Treatments (Fraxel)
- Laser Treatments (DOT Therapy)
- Healite II Low Level Light Therapy
- Facials and Injectables for Men
- Vaginal Laser Treatments
- Read the blogs covering Advances in Non-surgical Treatment Methods
For further information on skin treatments or cosmetic injections including filler, contact our team on 1300 264 811