Guide to Melbourne Breast Reduction Prices – Boob Reduction Cost
If you’re considering Breast Reduction Surgery or getting a Boob Reduction then chances are you’ve already found that the prices can vary drastically, this may have left you wondering why prices vary so much. Here are the different factors that impact prices for Breast Reduction surgery in Melbourne, Victoria. We hope to provide you with the right information you need to make an informed decision.
2021 Breast Reduction prices in Melbourne can range from
- $9,500 – $13,000 for a low-cost or cheaper Breast Reduction surgery
- $13,000 – $17,000 for mid-range Breast Reduction surgery
- $17,000 and above for premier Breast Reduction surgery
Why do Breast Reduction Surgery Prices vary?
The cost of Breast Reduction Surgery will often vary depending on SEVEN Important Factors – Who, What, Where, When, Why, How and You.
It’s important to consider these aspects before you make your final decision.
1. WHO is performing the surgery?
- Is your surgeon a qualified Plastic Surgeon?
- What is their level of training and expertise?
- Qualifications – do they have the recognised accreditations? – Does your Surgeon have FRACS (Plas) and ASPS recognition?
- Is your procedure fully customised to you?
2. WHAT is included in your surgical quote/price estimate?
- Not all quotes are ‘all-inclusive’ and transparent with total costs.
- Some surgical quotes will not include all of the necessary aspects of your Breast Reduction. So, make sure your quote includes costs like;
- Facility fees.
- Surgical garments.
- Recovery Aids.
- Post-operative care.
- Make sure you review and understand your price estimate. Or, you can get hit with unexpected expenses.
3. WHERE will your surgery be performed?
- Will you be in a hospital under General Anaesthetic?
- Or, will your surgery be performed in a Clinic backroom with Local Anaesthetic or ‘twilight’ sedation?
4. WHEN will your surgery be performed?
Have you booked it a few months or even further in advance? Medicare rebate criteria can change quickly and could impact on your cost. You can talk to our Patient Care Team about rapidly-changing hospital fees and criteria for medically-indicated breast surgery.
5. WHY are having the procedure?
- Are you having your Breast Reduction procedure because of medical reasons or for purely cosmetic ones? This will impact your ability to get a rebate from medicare and your Private Health Fund
- If your surgery is for medical reasons it may require more consultations and planning, which could increase the price.
6. HOW long will your breast reduction take in theatre?
- Is your procedure straight forward or complicated?
- Is your surgeon experienced?
- Are they a qualified Plastic Surgeon?
- How many times have they performed this surgery?
All of these factors can affect the time you spend on the operating table. Which can, in turn, affect the cost.
7. YOU and the Complexity of Your Surgery
- Finally, the complexity of your Breast Reduction procedure can impact the price. The complexity of your surgery will depend on several factors including your health & anatomy, your level of breast ptosis (sagging) and nipple position, as well as, your skin and breast tissue condition. The more complex your surgery is the more planning and surgical expertise required to achieve a successful result.
Animation showing Breast Reduction Surgery
This shows the older Anchor Technique – not the more modern Le Jour Lollipop minimal Scar technique used by Dr Rubinstein
<iframe src=”https://player.understand.com/cosmeticsurgerywomen/en/b4d9716a-d5ff-4ec9-8d1a-931ad6997c9e/adb745ed-6905-42f3-ab4e-181aef0c432a?pauseFirstStep=1” border=”0″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” width=”100%” height=”557″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
Average price ranges for Breast Reduction Surgery in Melbourne
Low-Cost Breast Reduction Prices in Melbourne Range from $9,500 TO $13,000
- Most of the ‘surgeons’ in this category are actually just doctors – GPs and general surgeons and are NOT FRACS Accredited Specialist Plastic Surgeons
- Your ‘surgeon’ might not have the skills required to customise your procedure to you and your needs.
- You may also find that as they aren’t accredited at bigger hospitals they will not have hospital admitting rights should something not go to plan.
- It’s also possible for Patients to be hit with unexpected out-of-pocket costs, including but not limited to recovery aids, surgical scar management and limited post-operative care.
- While it may be true that the low-cost can seem appealing, for obvious reasons, we highly recommend you view the ABC FOUR CORNERS special report on back-room operations before you make your decision.
Mid Range Breast Reduction Prices in Melbourne from $13,000 TO $17,000.
In this price range, you can generally expect your Breast Reduction surgery to be performed by a FRACS recognised Plastic Surgeon but may be less experienced in Breast Reduction Surgery
we highly recommend getting your quote broken down. At any rate, you should ask if your post-operative care, recovery aids and scar management are included, or if they incur an additional cost.
Surgery costs will vary depending on other factors, including:
- Surgical Experience and technique e.g. Anchor or Lollipop Surgical technique
- Is it a revision surgery from a previous procedure?
- What are the patient follow-up care standards and post-surgery recovery aids?
- Are garments provided after surgery to assist in recovery?
Premier Breast Reduction Surgery Prices in Melbourne from $17,000+
- It will be expertly planned and carried out by a highly-experienced Specialist Plastic Surgeon with FRACS recognition
- You will typically receive advanced and fully customised Breast Reduction surgery including more modern techniques like the LeJour Lollipop Breast Reduction (Reduced Scar Method)
- It will take place in a premier hospital under General Anaesthetic
- Scar Minimisation and Management treatments post-op
In the Premium price range, your surgery will typically be performed by a Highly-skilled Breast Reduction Surgeon that has full FRACS recognition.- This is only given to surgeons that have completed a minimum, 12 years of surgical and medical education. As well as a minimum of 5 years of specialist postgrad training.
Because of your surgeons level of training and experience, you can expect your procedure to be performed in an accredited hospital. You can also expect;
- General Anaesthetic, administered by a seasoned Anaesthetic team.
- Management of your pain
- An overnight hospital stay
- Post-operative garments
- Extensive follow-up care
- Quality scar management
DOWNLOAD the Breast Reduction Surgery guide!
What is included in a Quote for Breast Reduction Surgery ?
As part of your financial informed consent, your Breast Reduction Quote may include fees and costs such as
- Your Surgeon’s Fee
- Assistant’s Fee
- Anaesthetists Fee
- Surgical Theatre Fee
- Hospital Room Fee – for staying in hospital – 1 or more nights
- Breast Implants if you are having a Breast Reduction with Implants Surgery
- Surgical Extras like a Pain block, Extra Medications etc
- Patient Extras Provided – Post-op Garments, Scar Treatments, After Care etc
Not all quotes are transparent. In other words, not everything is being covered. You could incur extra costs for things like;
- Hospital or day room fees
- Post-operative care
- Surgery garments
- Scar treatments and more
Avoid being hit with unexpected costs post-surgery by making sure you review your price estimate and ask your surgeon any questions to get clarification. At Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery, we strive to be transparent with all our clients. Our quotes are itemised so, you know exactly what you are paying for.
Will Medicare or Private Health Insurance cover your Breast Reduction Surgery?
Usually, in order to get coverage from your Private Health Fund you will need an MBS Item number and the right level of cover.
Medicare covers some Breast Reduction patients based on meeting strict criteria. You will most likely only be partially covered for the cost of the surgery.
For more information Download the Medicare and Health Insurance Guide!
Funding Options for Your Breast Reduction Surgery
It is important to find out
- Whether your breast reduction surgery will be covered by Medicare – Are you eligible and meet the criteria
- Whether your Private Health Insurer will contribute to the surgery and if you have the correct level of Private Health Cover
- If your Superannuation Fund may pay for your surgery
- If you need a Payment Plan from a medical finance company
Choosing a qualified Specialist Plastic Surgeon for your Reduction Mammoplasty
- It’s important to remember that all cosmetic surgery is invasive and has an element of risk.
- Surgery should always be planned, customised and performed by an expert. This reduces risks and needs for revision surgery.
- Everyone is different and every surgery will be different. Never accept a one-size-fits-all approach.
- For a successful, long-lasting result, a customised procedure is essential.
Read about our top Melbourne Breast Reduction Surgeons and ask us about other surgeons that have FRACS recognition and trusted patient reviews.
If you are tired of your heavy breasts and are ready to take the next step, call one of our Patient Care Coordinators on 1300 264 811 to find out more details. Alternatively, let us contact you by submitting an enquiry form below.